Pumpkin Patch

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Counting your many blessings Day 15

Sunday November 15th~


Today at church, during the passing of the sacrament, I was desperately trying to get Evie to be reverent.  As I passed the bread tray to her, she clumsily took a piece of bread.  She held it up, and in a loud voice, she said, "This is the bread they make!" I quickly sushed her and bowed my head.  I shut my eyes thinking to myself, "Why can't I get my child to be quiet during the sacrament?"  Feeling embarrased and sorry for myslef, I was hit with a huge wave of emotion. The words my dear daughter spoke so innocently resounded in my head.  "This is the bread they make!"  This is THE best bread they make!  She was right!  What other bread in the entire world offers such powerful and spiritual nutrients!  She gets it!  Why can't I? This was a huge reminder to me.  The Savior teaches us that to become humble is to become as a child.


This action called me to immediate repentance. I must valiently try to be humble and meek. I must remember that it is not possible to make real change all by myslef.  My own willpower and my own good intentions are not enough. When I make mistakes or choose poorly, I must have the help of my Savior to get back on track.   I partake of the sacrament week and week to show my faith in His power to change me.  (D&C 58:43)


Renewing all of my covenants by partaking of the sacrament, is something I am extremely thankful for!

"When we partake of the sacrament worthily, we remember the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, that He gave up His life and took upon Himself the sins of the world that we may have the blessing of immortality. We take upon ourselves the name of our Savior and promise to always remember Him and to keep His commandments--that is, to 'live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God' (D&C 84:44)." Ensign 2007







1 comment:

  1. I'm loving these thankfuls of yours! Have I mentioned before how glad I am that you married my brother? So glad :)

    ReplyDelete


Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hidden Valley, CA, United States
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah