Now that I am married and moved away from my family, Christams Eve is quite different. We are trying to establish a new tradition. This year we went to Sea World on Christmas Eve. It was REALLY FUN! I think it may become our new Chritams Eve tradition!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Christmas Eve
Growing up, Christmas Eve was a HUGE celebration in my family. We would gather together as the Woodland family (I was lucky enough to have grown up with all 15 of my cousins near by) so the holidays were just another excuse to get together and have a party. My uncle Garth would sit down at the paino and play carols and we would all sing! Then, we would settle down for our "program" which included the acting out of the nativity story as read from the book of Luke from my Grandpa Woody. Every year we played different parts. Some years I was a heavenly angel, other years (when the boys were on missions,) I was a wise woman! It always included costumes and the appropriate songs. After the nativity, each family would present a talent or something to share with the rest of the family. I would usually play a song on my flute. The boys and my dad sometimes played the guitar. Other families would share a story, magic tricks, or a skit. It was always fun and entertaining. We woud end the evening talking and conversing in front of a roaring fire sipping Aunt Debbie's homemeade wassal. There was so much love and acceptance. Such a feeling of peace and warmth. Words cannot descibe it!
Now that I am married and moved away from my family, Christams Eve is quite different. We are trying to establish a new tradition. This year we went to Sea World on Christmas Eve. It was REALLY FUN! I think it may become our new Chritams Eve tradition!
Now that I am married and moved away from my family, Christams Eve is quite different. We are trying to establish a new tradition. This year we went to Sea World on Christmas Eve. It was REALLY FUN! I think it may become our new Chritams Eve tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Rebecca
- Hidden Valley, CA, United States
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah



No comments:
Post a Comment