Pumpkin Patch

Friday, January 15, 2010

Let them eat cake!


My husband is known for making really good cakes!  From a mermaid to Lightning McQueen,...even a few wedding cakes...he is quite the talented baker.  We were aaked to make the cake for our good friends' baby shower.  It's her 3rd baby, another GIRL!  The ladies in charge of the shower wanted a cake that represented all 3 kiddos.  We decided to have the bottom layer represent Sydney (the oldest girl) the middle layer, in honor of the boy, Brody and the top layer for Baby Ellle, the sweet cherry on top!  I decided that I was going to learn how to make my own fondant (which was actually fairly easy!) http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm   
The cake turned out really cute, but it did not survive the ride over the mountain and through the winding uphill roads to the event!  I was SO bummed that the middle layer collapsed and fell over, taking the top layer with it!  I felt horrible bringing it into the baby shower.  Allie, the mom-to-be, was SO sweet.  She actually started laughing and said, "It's perfect!  Brody is the destructor, always taking everything down with him!  You did this on purpose, huh?!"  It made me smile, but I still felt really bad.  The good thing, the cake was DELISH, as always! 





I also made an INDESTRUCTIBLE diaper cake for Allie.  It turned out super-cute!


Lots of lessons learned this time around.  Next time will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hidden Valley, CA, United States
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah