Service with a Smile! This past year, one of my personal goals has been to do more service. I wanted to find myself again, and the best way to do that is to lose yourself in serving others. I am pleased to say that I have been accomplishing my goal and have had a FUN time doing it! I am so happy that there are organizations in the community that recognize there is a need for service and do it! I am glad to be a part of several organizations that are so dedicated to the community and helping people help themselves. My father in law works for Interfaith Community Services, a wonderful organization that reaches out to the community. I have been volunteering some of my free time helping out in the fundraising department. I am in awe of how many wonderful and giving individuals there are, and surprised at the NEED! I wish I had more time to give to the cause. http://www.interfaithservices.org/
Through my journey, I have come to truly embrace and comprehend Mosiah 2 in the Book of Mormon. King Benjamin was a humble man who worked with his own hands to maintain himself and his family, refusing to live off his people or to surround himself with the trappings of wealth and power-being self suffient and living within the means (a lesson that many are being forced to learn in today's economic woes.) It never ceases to amaze me how modern life parallels the ancient scriptures.
If you want OTHERS to be happy, practice compassion.
If YOU want to be happy, practice compassion.
~Dalai Lama
Mosiah 2: 17 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
If you haven't tried it, do it! You have nothing to lose but yourself!




No comments:
Post a Comment