Pumpkin Patch

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DOTS

Living life and battling life's challenges is as simple as this:




















Depend On The Savior!


"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
 Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity  &
Virtue
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family,
make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation."
 
Eventhough Evie is not yet a "young woman" in the church, I feel it is never too late to start teaching her the great values of this awesome program. 
 
She had the opportunity to participate in the ym's "New Beginnings" the other night. Her and several of her primary friends were invited to be "Value Princesses" depicting each one of the 9 different young women values.  Evie got to be the color purple and represent the value of Integrity.  She was SO excited that she got to hold a picture of the Holy Temple.  She said, "Mom, that is where I am going to get married to a boy someday!"  Amazing that at age 4 she KNOWS what she wants!  It makes my heart very happy!  












































Taryn, Evie and Debra




All of the "Value Princesses" sang the Hymn "Come Follow Me."
It was so cute!  Check out the video!


As I sat and pondered the scripture behind the value of Integrity (Job 27:5) : "I will have the moral courage to make my actions consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong."  I couldn't help but think how much Integrity has made me who I am today and how much Integrity I use on a daily basis...Mothers use Integrity all of the time!  Teaching your child the knowledge between right and wrong is the foundation of everything you do as a mom!  Of course, "moral courage" is a little more complex for this sweet age of 4, but the cornerstones has been set-Choosing the right, knowing right from wrong and learning to depend on the Savior.  We are on "ARE" way!    

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hidden Valley, CA, United States
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah