Pumpkin Patch

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I love to see the Temple

On Saturday, we found "are"selves taking a road trip to downtown San Diego for some random things.  We were able to stop by the Temple and take some pictures.  Evie LOVES the Temple.  She is in awe of its shear size, beauty and all of the flowers.  She got to talk with some Sister Missionaries and look at some pictures of what the inside of the Temple looks like.  They showed her the beautiful winding staircase and told her that there are 91 steps in that staircase.  She told them that she can count to 91!  They showed her an aerial view of the temple and that there is an atrium-a special garden that gets lots of fresh air, sunshine and rain-but it is sealed off from the inside of the Temple.  She really wanted to go inside and see that special garden.  She was quite upset that she could not go inside and see it for herself.  I told her that she had been inside of the Oakland Temple when she was sealed to mommy and daddy.  She turned and looked at me and said, "Mom, I know!  I remember, but I want to go inside the San Diego Temple!"  I have no doubt that she recalls her sealing day.  It was almost 4 years ago, March 25, 2006.  She was only 6 months old, but the spirit was SO strong on that special day.  I have no doubt that she recalls that special feeling and her Heavenly Father's love as she layed on that alter and we clasped hands and were joined together as a forever family for time and all eternity.  I reassured her that if she continues to make good choices that someday soon, she will be able to go inside the Lord's House.
I love to see the Temple and I know my precious Evie will go there someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hidden Valley, CA, United States
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah