Pumpkin Patch

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Feeling Sorry

So, I was feeling pretty sorry for "Sparkles" the Goldfish...poor thing...stuck swimming in small circles in that tiny fish bowl.  I was  goldfish funeral nightmares, I knew what we had to do.  We must give this fish a proper home.  All the way to the pet strore I kept thinking, ARE we crazy to do this?  More responsibility, more things to take care of...but once at the pet store and seeing Evie's PURE JOY, picking up things and saying, "Sparkles will just LOVE this!" I no longer had doubts.  I knew she would be responsible, take care of her fish and LOVE every minute of it.  If Evie could be anything, I know she would be a FISH!   Sparkles got a nice BIG 10 gallon tank complete with filter, plants, glittery rocks and even a pineapple house!  (which Evie bought with her very own money!)

Of course, Evie asked the million dollar question, " Where is Sparkle's mom?"  So, we took her little hand and led her over to the HUGE tank full of Goldfish and aksed her, "Which one of these fishies do you think is Sparkles mom?"  She immediately pointed to the white goldfish with two dots on the top of it head.  "That one!" she exclaimed!  "That's her mom, her name is Sunny!"  So, our 0.27 cent answer to the million dollar question was to get another goldfish!  What's one more right?

Welcome Sparkels and Sunny to our home!  With 3 dogs, a cat and 2 Goldfish, we could open up our very own pet store!  Andrew jokes and says that we are going to start giving away animals as birthday presents to people, but I know he loves all of "ARE" crazy critters!  In fact, one night I woke up around 1:30 am and noticed Andrew wasn't in bed.  I went out to the front room, thinking he was having trouble sleeping and maybe wathcing tv.  He wasn't there.  As I walked back to the bedroom, I noticed him sitting on one of Evie's small chairs in front of the glowing and bubbling fish tank, just watching with wonder.  He was SO cute!  Just like a kid in a candy store!

Evie LOVES her fish.  She is fascinated with them!  She is so good at taking care of them  She feeds them twice a day, talks to them, sings to them and just simply adores them!  Hopefully they will live for a long time.  With Evie as their caretaker, I have no doubt they will survive! 

Getting "Sunny" acclamated to her new home before letting her loose!

The new decor!
Gary the snail, the pineapple house and of course, Spongebob, he actually blow bubbles!
If you don't know aything about Spongebob, here is a sampling!




After all is said and done, I am no longer feeling sorry for the one lowly goldfish swimming circles in her tiny bowl. Now I can rest easy at night!


Just for FUN!
My precious Goldfish  She's a keeper!





No comments:

Post a Comment


Hope you still feel small as you stand beside the ocean

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Hidden Valley, CA, United States
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother~ Oprah